Tuesday 14 February 2012

January came and went

Not sure what happened to January this year, I was all prepared to be crafting from day one but hadn’t counted on everything else getting in my way.
I was asked to make some birthday invitations for an in-laws Mother and I have managed to get these done. I did make up a few samples and we finally settled on this design. As soon as I said yes to making the invitations I realised I didn’t actually have much in the way of stamps or dies for invitations. Obviously a terrible oversight on my part and I have told my husband that it will be a necessity for me to spend a little more money in the future on stamps for invitations. Betty is amazing for her age, always manages to look smart and elegant in mostly black and white clothes. After a few discussions we decided that black and white would be the ideal colour scheme for her.  These cards would be my little contribution to the preparations for her birthday.  




The glass was a clip art picture; I used Ivory Letraset promarker for champagne in the glass and a red pen for the ribbon. Both the white and black card had a lovely linen effect and I used Martha Stewart “Bubble Bath” corner punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment