Monday 5 March 2012

Even more Cupcakes

Last night  I sat happily colouring in digi stamps and when I came to look at papers to use, nothing I had matched in any way.  So my big tip for me today is look first at your papers and then do your colouring, I am sure all you excellent cardmakers have found this out already and are shaking your heads at me.

Well I decided in the end to use the spare image I had done the day before of the Lili of the Valley cupcake stamp, the same as my last card. This time I decided to add a cupcake recipe which I aged so that it looked like it had been used many times; I used my Tim Holtz blending tool which is really excellent for this.  I found that the boxes of cards that you buy often have a thick sheet of card in them and the reverse side is white so you can place your picture on this and distress it without using good paper or having to clean off your craft mat.  I have been using the same piece of card for about two months now.

I


For this card I used:

Lili of the Valley stamp
Sentiment and small cupcake stamp from Papermania
Ticket stamp from Die-namics blank outline and die - words typed on computer
Cupcake recipe from internet
Stripe paper from Craftworkcards Vintage Rose Paper Pack
Blue card from Papermill




6 comments:

  1. Oh! Shirley...I think we can all be guilty of that..lol..I know I am sometimes...ok, most times..

    Gorgeous card, love this cute image and great colouring, love the sriped papers and recipe, fabulous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy, glad I am not alone in the colouring before working out the layout. But obviously it does mean a little more spending - just can't be helped can it.
      Luv Shirley

      Delete
  2. Lovely card Shirley,such a sweet image and I love the way you have put the recipe behind...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card shirley.i love the sweet image and your colours and design are stunning :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB card Shirley , I have seen this image , its now on my wish list it makes a fab card.
    Well done I love it
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card mum! I have passed the Liebster Blog Award to you. See my blog for the details xx

    ReplyDelete